Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Philippines Fiesta 2008 in Leverton, Melbourne

'Mabuhay'
{The only Philippines word I know...., :-) }

I was invited by my Philippine's friend to go to Philippines Fiesta. This was definitely new to me.

I was excited to go and see how they organise such a huge 'carnival' for their community but open to public.

Impressive, just realised so many Philippines in Melbourne. They even have their own community center.

It was massive. They have been organising this kind of activity yearly and introduce Philippines to a non-Philippines public in Melbourne.


With good support from Philippines population in Melbourne, the event I thought was a huge success. Introduce Philippine's product such food, interesting tourist places and etc.......

Even they invited few Philippine celebrities to come and entertaining all Philippines in Melbourne.

My Philippine's friend asked me to try this, HALO HALO. It is a cold/icy drink which is a shredded ice mixing with beans, sweet potato etc... ( seperti Es teler kalo di Indonesia atau Ais Kacang / ABC kalau kat Malaysia). It was really nice especially during warm weather like last Saturday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...