Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, August 4, 2008

Southbank, London

Arrived from Liverpool at London Euston then I have to walk to find a tube to Chiswick ( but you have to pronounce it as Chisick, don't ask me why...hehe). Dr. Mike Irani house is at Chiswick. A bit confuse initially how to use the tube but immediately I managed to adapt with London transport system. As long as you know where you want to go. That it, it easy... :-). But anyway thanks to Dr. Nik Sherina whom gave me the tips.

Reached Dr. Mike Irani at about 2.30 pm. Had late lunch. Her wife cooked dhal curry wow delicious. Took a shower and then I am on my way to London city. Exploring London on my own. I am a tourist yeaahh......


Took overland train from Dr. Mike Irani house, 5 minutes walk. Then it took me about 20 minutes to reach Waterloo Train Station. One of the biggest and busiest Train Station in London.

It was hot and humid that day, 34C in London. Sweat a lot. Fortunately Mike's wife supplied me a snack and a bottle of juice. How nice. It help me did a little bit of saving.

A short walk from Waterloo Train Station to SouthBank, there's an interesting place called The Volume, the sound of music....


Music and Colorful light

As far as I know, I have found few places by the name of Southbank, in Melbourne, Brisbane now in London. I suppose London started first.

So many people with full of activities.

I only had about 2 hours at Southbank , not enough time to go further away. Mike waited for me and want me to have dinner with him and the rest of his family.

One of the obvious attraction at Southbank is London Eye


Huge. It will cost you 15 pound. Thought want to try but.....some other time.

Different view and angle of London Eye


Then I walk across to the side of Thames River and found a beautiful garden. Rest for a while and had my snack and juice. So relaxing

Garden in the middle of London. You can see a lot of small garden in London. Beautiful



It was hot, even the flowers 'dehydrated'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...