Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, January 26, 2009

Australian Open Tennis Championships 2009 - A Day at AO 2009

I reached the Australian Open Tennis area at 9.00am just before the gate open at 9.30 am. I have decided to buy Ground Pass ticket. It cost me AUD 29. Thought of buying Rod Laver Arena ticket, bit expensive though may be next year.

It a nice warm day, predicting 26C today. I would prefer to come early, get back home and come back again later in the evening.


My first experience coming to the event, pretty good. Had my morning 'tea' in the garden in front of Rod Laver arena. Nice.


A bit upset though, I can't use my 70-300 mm lens. They only allowed lens maximum of 200mm unless if I am a journalist. Hmm. Anyway, fortunately I brought my lens extension, it helps me to take distance picture.

One of my friend said, If I am lucky I could meet the tennis player while they are practicing. Try to search for one but unsuccessful.

I have decided to watch a match at Margaret Court Arena.


The Umpire

Women double partner , Daniela Hantuchova and Ai Sugiyama



Daniela in action

Ai Sugiyama in action

They are seeded 9 for the tournament. They won the match 6-1, 6-2 over Hungarian and Russian partner

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...