Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Friday, October 31, 2008

Keep Fit

This is how I make myself fit. Walking and running with step counting device (Pedometer) and make sure minimum of 10 000 steps is achieved.

I am not to much into gym. Consistency and compliance with gym activity is my biggest issue.

I have been using pedometer for more than 6 months. It started when I attended Victoria University Diabetes Awareness and received free gift which is the pedometer. Since then I have addicted using the device and targeted 10 000 steps everyday. The device itself has been changing many times. This is the most current pedometer I have and more complicated which has more function. :-)


Easily I could reach more than 150 minutes per week by performing minimum of 10 000 steps. But nowadays I have been doing more than 12 000 steps. My target now is between 15 000 - 18 000 steps per day. Recent research published, where a group of researchers from few countries had came into a conclusion where for active person 10 000 steps is not enough. They suggested 12 000 steps or more.

Even though I make myself physically active I still look after my diet, balance and eat on time.

3 comments:

Labyrinth said...

omg! i think mine is like only 100 steps per day? hahaha where can i get a cheap but good pedometer ?

Alam Setia said...

emm...nak satu boleh?

My Passion My Journey My Destiny said...

boleh kalau nak...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...