Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Act of Kindness

One of my patients, 63 yrs old Jordanian whom already been in my program for more than 2 months. A week ago, during his session I have told him that my family is coming. Then he asked me what time they will arrive and how you going to fetch them. He is actually own a taxi, his been asking me the same question last time for my trip to Tasmania. I don't like to trouble people or take the opportunity of others especially my patients. But this time round his persistently asked me and offer me his car. I told him I have book a car to hire. "Why you want to waste your money. Don't be shy, you can use my car.' Hmmm, told him I will think first and at the end I told him I agreed to 'use' his car.
After work on Friday, went to his place to get his car. Instead of straight away going back home, I had been ask to stay for a cupper. He has a nice big house and met his wife. Before I left their place the wife invited me and my family to come for lunch before they going back to Kuala Lumpur. They are a lovely couple.

Williamstown at noon

(Williamstown at noon)

I used the car for a day and took my family around on Saturday morning till late afternoon. In the afternoon I have to send them to Avalon airport for Brisbane. My family will stay in Brisbane with my sister for two weeks plus then come back to Melbourne during my long holiday and I can show them around Melbourne and Victoria.

I sent back the car immediately, again he asked me to stay for a cupper. I think their culture is like us too, will entertained guess who come over to their place.

Initially I don't now how to pay him after using his car, then he decided to fill fuel for the car. I want to pay for the fuel suddenly he pulled my hand and said No. I saw his a bit offended when I said I want to pay the bill.

Then I thought he want to send me to the station instead he sending me back home. He doesn't mind sending me back home. I really feel bad after that. But then I think that the way how he appreciated other people who had looked after him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...