Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My homevisit to Tony's Place

Tony, 77 years old, one of my patients whom still participate in my study had an angiogram done on Thursday, 5th November 2009. I had promised to him that I will pay him a visit on the weekend.

He called me last Friday when I was in Hobart the good news that there is no blockage in any of his heart vessels. It was a good news. When I was at work last Monday, found the written results which mentioned the whole finding. As expected he just had the coronary disease but no blockage.

He was really excited to tell me the news, and want to find out when I would like to come over to his place for the home visit? I told him on Saturday (which is yesterday).

I called him earlier when I was in the train and there he was waiting for me at Watsonia train station. Just out side the train station there were having a market, a car show and some entertainment. Tony not really sure what it all about, I thought it was part of a welcoming party for my visit. :-)


I can read from Tony face, he was really happy for me to pay him a visit. Tony is a person whom wouldn't tell you how he actually felt, unless if he trusted you very much. I have been monitoring him for almost a year and I know him pretty well. Anyway he has been telling me wanted to show me something. He brought me to Mt Cooper lookout where you can see Melbourne CBD from the highest peak in Bundoora then show me a protected tree where sometime ago the aborigine use the tree as a ceremonial tree. He is a very knowledgeable and experienced person, he telling me all the history of the area.

Art of Egg Shell: half egg shell

(half egg shell)

His house is so so cozy and homey. No wonder after each session he wanted to go back home soon and I can tell you why.

His wife, Dianna had welcome me in. Lot and lots of arts,antiques and dolls collection in their house. Dianna started to show me all her arts of Egg Shell decoration collections. I was really impressed. The delicate and tedious work you have to pun in to decorate one an egg shell. I did ask her she should sell each of her egg shell arts and i assumed each item she could made hundreds of dollars but she don't want to sell it.


Art of Egg Shell: Duck and quail eggs

One after another. She showed almost everything of her arts from Egg shell.


Tony & Dianna antiques collection

They have some precious antiques too, like this egg cup from china. It was a heritage from Dianna's mom. They tried to get rid of them 6 years ago but when they asked somebody from antiques road show. They were surprised with the price for the whole set and decided not to sell yet. I won't tell you how much the price they have been offered. :-)

Tony and Dianna dolls collections

Then Dianna started to tell stories of all the dolls they have been collected. Can spend days by listening from her story.

I like both of them, even though they have multiple medical conditions they were still happy. Really admire their attitude. I was touched by the way they look after me and treated me like their own son.

I didn't realize that I had spent hours with them till I have to ask permission to go back home. Most of the time it is nice to know your patient well, how they live and their activity at home. Knowing any of them first hand can give you some alternative how to help them and to treat them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...