Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Keep fit and Stay Healthy



Everybody will have their ways and opinion about this matter. You may choose which ever ways or advises you can get but at the end of the day you have to choose which program really suits you well and may be you need to modified as it goes. Everybody is an individual. That what I have been telling most of my patients. Doesn't mean you didn't loose weight you are not healthy. 

I am actively involve in this area. It is part of my profession and my research study involve a lot of fitness activities, chronic illness, secondary prevention etc. Good that I am doing this as part of my PhD degree. Broaden my knowledge, meet people with diverse age group, ethnicity, background, way of life and with different medical problems. Interestingly people are individual. You can't generalise the same program to everybody. Knowing their medical history, current conditions and their current activity/activities are important and need to be taken on board before start telling people what to do. By knowing their limitations  will help me especially in prescribing what sorts of exercise program I need to design. I may used the same program template but a bit of modification for different patients. 

It is challenging  prescribing an exercise program for patients especially people with Diabetes and  overt Cardiovascular disease (Heart Disease). I always observe and think what if I am in their shoes. Always listen when they said something is not right and need to change on day to day basis because their conditions are not the same every day. Never ignore what they said. That is an important rules for me.

But, what ever it is I have to practice what I am preaching. Don't just telling patients/people what to do but you yourself didn't do it. Then you will know what are the obstacles you will faced and how to tackle the problems.

Well next task is my version of how I keep myself fit and stay healthy.............. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...