Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Winning Team

Australian Football League just completed yesterday. It an Australian Football rules and is the most popular sports in the state of Victoria. So not surprise if more than 70 % of the team coming from Victoria especially Melbourne base.  

Since I  first came to Melbourne it never came a cross my mine to have interest in these sport. It like a norm that everybody need to have a team of their choice to support. You will be surprised how fanatic some of them supporting their team. That including one of my patients, Margaret. :-). 




I have been here for four years and only this year I have take notice with AFL because of  Margaret. Just Imagine each time when she comes to the gym, she will never stop talking about it. :-) . It enjoyable though. SO each week I will make sure finding out the result of her team especially. Each first day of the week when she's coming to the gym I will ask her, 'How are you Margaret?' If her team had won on the weekend, she will answered 'Good thanks especially when Collingwood wining and there are lot of Magpies in my backyard.' I smiled. I already knew the result just to see her reaction and from that on she will start talking about it. :-)

Collingwood is her favourite team and Magpies is the logo for the team. She has this good omen when there are lots of Magpies at her backyard the team will win. Which the team did won. I will ask her if there were Magpies at her backyard  and she will answered " Yes there were and there were lot of them'.

Well this year is the year of Magpies . They won the Premiership yesterday by beating St. Kilda team. I am sure Margaret will definitely feel happy. They won back the Premiership cup after more than 20 years. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...