Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Snack Time : Kuih Gunting,



I am trying to cut down and try not to buy something which I could make myself at home. I have been making lot of Malaysian Traditional snack for myself  rather than I bough all those chips from the supermarket/shops. I like making traditional Malay food which is my childhood food and it easy.

This is one of the traditional Malay cookie/snack. Kuih Gunting. Easy to make spicy and crunchy. Preparation time less than 30 minutes including frying and eat it..:-)

The ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salts
1 table spoon cumin
1 table spoon coriander
1 table spoon curry powder
1 table spoon chilli powder ( if you like it hot just add some more I add more than 1 table spoon :-) )
1 egg
and water, the amount of water just  enough to make a dough

Method:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the egg then water small amount at a time.
3.  Mix it and kneed the dough till it not sticking
4. Then take some of the dough roll it with roller pin as thin as you can.
5. Cut it with scissor with what ever shape you like.
6. Then fry it .
Finally enjoy...the crispy spicy and crunchy Kuih Gunting

1 comment:

JustMe... said...

Woiiiiittttt....bila nak buat lebihhhhhhh....asyik tengok gambar jerrr...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...