Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Friday, February 18, 2011

Chef Greg and Asian Delicacy for dinner

Gregory is a chef whom participated in my study research. He had been bringing me cakes, foods to the session on some occasions. Gregory is a mix Chinese and Irish, so imagine the wide range of Asian influences in his cooking. He had promised to invite me to come over to his place for so so long and only able to make it happen last weekend in the evening, while I was at Austin that day (A day after I went to Mr. riachi house). As usual he pick me up from the Hospital and going towards his place. Supposedly his daughter and his neighbour will join us but at the last minute they had something else to do. The neighbour had an urgent work appointment and his daughter (a chef too) had to work.

Anyhow, three of us me, Greg and his wife had a wonderful evening, enjoying the food and chatting. I watched Greg cooking. This was an opportunity to learn something from an experienced chef. Everything is on his finger tips. The dinner theme was all about Asian influence. A lot of cooking tips from him. It really made me so excited to implement some of his technique in my cooking from now on. Cool isn't it learning straight from the  chef. :-)




Garlic prawn

 


Tofu

There were two others dishes, shitaki mushroom and steam barrumandi. It was rally nice..:-). He will invite me again in march and will cook diffent menu.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...