Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

UM Vice Cancelor visit Melbourne

Initially I didn't know VC trip to Australia. First Nazirah called me on Thursday night that Datuk Vice Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellor and Prof. Mohammad Redzwan are coming to Melbourne from Friday until Sunday. Then on Friday Prof. Razif email me and mentioned the same thing. Was surprised with the news, anyway just prepared, I am sure Prof. Amin (Deputy Vice Chancellor) will call me. As expected Prof. Amin called me at about 5.00 pm on Friday after all their visit to meet Uni Melbourne VC, RMIT VC and Monash VC.


I met them at Citigate Hotel at 6.30pm and took them for Dinner. Bit anxious since I never meet the new VC before, heard so many stories about him. Anyway I just be myself. I took them to Zam zam restaurant, a Malaysian Mamak restaurant in Melbourne. Had nasi beryani (abis lah diet malam tuu) and Teh Tarik. They really like the Beryani (siap tambah lagi, beryani kambing lagi......but not me though).


Day 2 visit, the team meeting all UM staff (not all turn up though) from 9.30 am until 12.00 noon then for all students from 2.30 pm till 4.30 pm.


After the session completed, Datuk VC and Prof Amin asked me to join them go for a short sight seeing and Dinner.
We went to another Malaysian Mamak Restaurant, Rich Maha to have Kari Kepala Ikan.
During the 2 days visit and being with Datuk VC, I found that he is a nice and approachable person. Yes he is firm, that fine with me. The day end, sent them back to the hotel he appreciated for me spending time with them. It was a pleasure to meet them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...