Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Friday, September 28, 2007

Integrative workshop Series


Integrative Workshop Series
Presenter: Dr Delwyn Goodrick


Scheduling and Format
This three day course is designed for participants who want to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the practice of research. The course will be of interest to participants who have a basic grounding in research methods, but who seek more detailed information about the role of theory and analysis, and representation of qualitative and quantitative data.
A particular emphasis of the course is the underpinning epistemological stances that influence the conduct of research and the ways in which these stances inform decisions about validity and representation. A second emphasis is to strengthen the understanding of the role of theory in building a strong research argument.
The workshop will be interactive and participants will be expected to share their own research issues and writing. Participants will also be expected to commit to attending all three sessions.
Base Workshop:
Wed 26th- Thur 27th September, 2007
9am - 5pm
C1049, City Flinders Campus

Follow up review session:
Thurs 25th October, 2007
9am - 5pm
C1110 City Flinders Campus
I have registered the sessions few weeks back. But I am a bit skeptical whether should I be part of the workshop. I thought it would be so theoretical and boring session. Then I realise, I really need to get more informations and knowledge about research philosophy, methodology etc.
The day I entered the room, there I saw a gorgeous and beautiful lady with sweet smile getting ready to start the session. I was so fascinated by her. For two days, I have never missed her sessions. She was really really really...(don't know how much really i want to put) good. She is the person for Research Methodology, qualitatif, quatitative and mix qualitative and qantitave. Everybody in the workshop was really impressed with her. Slowly she explained to everybody in the workshop since the participants are so diversed, from going to start for proposal until there are few going to finish the theses. At times she will start with poem, a story or cartoons to make us think and participated in the sesion. It was really an interactive sessions. Everybody participated during the sessions, giving thier opinions and experiences to others, then later Delwyn will give further explainations. All questions she answered with everybody satisfaction. She gave examples and references just from the tip of her finger. God, I really admire her.
I made the opportunity to introduce myself and have some discussions. She acknowledged me. I have been communicating with her through email before the workshop and already mentioned to her about my research study. In the workshop she always mentioned my research study as an examples. I even gave my opinion during the session. On our last day yesterday, Delwyn ask me to show my work to everybody in the workshop. I am a bit embarrassed though, but she insisted and praised my work in front of everybody (bit shy but I am proud of myself).
Alot of issues and terminology I have never heard before, but now I am not so worried. She kept on updating us what will be the in thing for research and writing nowadays.
As for me. I learn alot and now my motivation is really high. She gave some opinions and suggestions for my work which i really appreciate it very much. I am looking forward to attend the last session next month and will show to her my writing and ask for further comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...