Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Friday, March 20, 2009

Cheswick, an evening river walk

I know, Mike Irani always concern about me. Knew him when he first came as an external examiner for our department in 2002. I was in charge to usher him around after hours. I took him every where, every places in KL I could think off. The thing that he like most were food and computer accessories and games for his kids.

Since I told him I am coming to London last year. He immediately responded to my email and ask me to stay in at his place. I know he would like to return a favour, but I never thought of it very much. I told him I already booked a place online still he insisted.


After completed my short course in Liverpool, went and met him and his family in London. He was really excited to have at his place. One of the night after dinner with his family before sun set at 8.00 pm London time end of July, we went for an evening walk. His wife insisted he should take me a show me around Cheswick an walk along the river. Nice walk and view. He like to tell story about him during childhood, school days and the history of the river. Each stop has it own history. There was an old bar near the river where he used to have beer with his friends during his younger age. Lot and lot of stories non stop. We even talk about sports medicine department future and so on. He still try to convince me to come over and stay in London for a while. Hmmm not as simple as that, I know what was in his mind. Knowing him, he wanted to groom me to be a good physician as he had done to Halim before.

Anyhow, I just told him I will think first and give the best option. Didn't realise we have been walking for 2 hours until we reach the nearest town area and a Botanical Garden near Cheswick then we walk back to his house. I enjoyed the walk other than that I know his way of thinking which I admire very much. Once I think of it some how his way of thinking has some similarity with Prof Bala. Well who knows I might coma back again to London some day may be during one of my sabbatical period.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...