Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kite Festival 2009- Edwardes Lake Park

Last Monday, Tony my patient for my research told me there is a Kite Festival on this weekend (which is today). I was excited with the news and ask him where about the place they going to have this festival. He told me Edwardes Lake Park.



I am not really sure initially where it is. Went back home and google for the place. I found the actual place. Quite easy not far from Reservoir train station.


At about 10 am I went and took Epping train line. I stop at Reservoir railway station. Then I walk to the festival location which is about 1 km from the station. It was a nice walk, consider this is my morning walk for today. Approaching the location, I could see from a distance so many kite up on the air.



It was cloudy and windy really a nice weather to fly kite. Thought of buying a kite at first and flying the kite but I abandon my plan. Instead I walk along the lake pathway and watch all the entertainment. It a huge festival organised by the Council of Derebin which I thought it was a successful event. I congratulate the council for organising this event. Everybody in the community and all ethnic groups get involve with and participated the festival.


Other than flying the kite, there are also other entertainment with few stage performance in the lake park. By the way Edwardes Lake Park is a huge place, it has a track and field area, running/walking track, few play grounds for kids, places for having picnic and many more.

Looking all those kite up on the air was really nice.


Cute kite.


As mentioned earlier, there were entertainment. Session where you could learn how to dance, Bollywood Dance, Cuban Salsa, Aborigine Dance etc...


Other stage where you could see multicultural performance. Interesting and everybody was enjoying it.


It was a nice outing today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...