Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Memoir of Greenwich....

Greenwich, but you have to pronounce it as Greenich. I have told Mike Irani's wife, Susy that I would like to go to Greenwich to see the Meridian Line. She gave me the direction but still I better look up on the internet and get the direction in detail which train and bus I should take.


Greenwich is a small town. Once I get off the bus which I almost missed the place. I was a little bit confused. Not sure if I had reached the right place. I was wondering a round and followed the crowds where ever they go. I thought Susy mentioned the Meridian Line is on top of a hill which I didn't see any hill at all. Where is the hill?????


Anyway, I explored all over the places, walk under a river through underground foot pathway. Then visited all the historical building.

I almost give up but I still think it should be around here somewhere. I wanted to ask but most of them are tourist too even when I managed to ask somebody they were 'blurr' like me. Hmmm...


Then I decided to walk across the street to visit a Museum (some kind of army Museum). On my way walking to the Museum, I saw a huge field. I decided to walk to the field thought to have a rest and have something to eat. Then I saw the hill. I was imagining a high hill but not as I expected. Anyway...I finally found the place which made me so excited.


When I reached the top, the receptionist welcome me and said "Finally you did it" . Does he knows that I was searching the place like mad. May be, may be some other people might told them that.


It was sunny, hot and humid day and so many people visited the observatory. We have to ques to take picture in front of the Meridian Line landmark.



Since I went there alone, I don't have my own picture. Did asked somebody behind me to take picture of me but she was afraid to use my camera. Well I can't force her. Still I had a great time.

2 comments:

Labyrinth said...

best nya... mana ni? nak gi lah.

My Passion My Journey My Destiny said...

About 40 minutes from London kalau naik train and bus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...