Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, January 7, 2008

Port Adelaide - Dolphine Cruises

3.50 Aussie dollar the price for a boat cruises to dolphin sanctuary. My expectation was really high, I want to see many dolphins and take pictures of dolphins. I shouldn't actually. Previous experience when seeing the smallest penguin in the world at Philips Island was my first failure. Expecting thousands but ending up seeing less than 100 penguin. Hmmm was really disappointed though. Anyway back to my dolphin cruises..........

It was a nice day, today temperature was good, 17 C to start with and by the time we start our boat cruises it was 21 C with strong cold wind. Nice. The trip will take approximately 2 hours.

Saw cargo ship, at another part of Port Adelaide Harbour.


Small jetty for sail boats. So many sail boats passes and go to Port Adelaide.


One of 3 dolphins that we saw during the cruises. It was so fast and so unpredictable. Can't really focus much. Was really disappointed though. As I thought, this kind of tour will ending up failure. Hmmm..again...

I am diverting my frustration by taking photos of sail boat. So many of them. At least something.

Other attraction, pelican. Felt a little bit better. Only that the pelicans were further away. Once the boat getting nearer to them, they will fly away. This was the closest I could get with my zoom lens 300mm, wish I have telephoto with longer zoom lens.


Half way through , about 1 hour the boat made a U turn. On our way back, I am still hoping to see the dolphins. But nil. Our 2 hours trip ended and the only thing I have a picture of a dolphin. Might get better next time but some other places. I hope so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...