Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Better Person to be

It has been more than a year I am here at the Austin Hospital ( Since March 2008). I knew and close to almost all the staffs in this department even in another neighbouring department except for one. The one and only person who in our room. They were 4 of us me, Deidre, Jane and this nurse whom she never talk to me all. Even when I greeted her 'Good Morning' or etc, she never reply. I was upset initially, but after a while I never bother about it.
I could talk and make a jokes with the others or visa verse, but for this nurse even when she talked, she will talk as if I was not around. Feel so bad isn't it but anyway......
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
I just do what ever I could, just be myself. When ever she come to the office, I will greet her as usual, If I am going to make a cup of tea or coffee I will offer to everybody including her as usual but she will never respond.
I don't know why and what made she dislike me, I am not really sure. Just may be because I am not an official staff here but I got all the privileges, computer, stationary and so on, and may be I had all the attention more. I don't really know.......
Still I never give up. You wouldn't feel nice to work at the same place where you know someone don't like your presence in the office. At one time I was on my way back to the office, I heard she make jokes and everybody was laughing. Once I came in, she's kept quite and after a while she just left. Deidre knows about it, but I didn't told her. I just kept it to myself.
It seems that, nowadays I could see changes in her towards me. She still maintain the same attitude but now she a little bit more responsive to me. She even reply when I greet her or wouldn't mind if I offer to make tea for her etc....
I am happy, even it took me more than a year to soften her heart to like me. Patience and never give up. As long as you are sincere, never loose hope and make a good deed the rewards will come some day.
I have never regret, when I have decided to come here for my PhD. It a journey not only for gaining my knowledge but it more than that. One of them to know foreign people, their back ground, how to approach them, talk with them knowing their personality and so much more. It is an experience I would never get if I am still stick to my complaisant spot. I will definitely treasure this experience and journey to make me a better person.
As for this staff, I felt good what I had achieved. At least we made a better contact, communication and good working environment. I am at the winning end. Finally.

2 comments:

yetty said...

mungkin dia ada masalah dalaman lain kot? sabar aje lah..hihi..

My Passion My Journey My Destiny said...

alah the way how she brought up. erogant. Serba tau dsb..
kalau jalan selalu dada tinggi tau lah dada dia memang tinggi hahaha
:-)
Apa apa pun gua tak kisah..
lagi pun sekarang hati dia dah nampak kelembutan sikit walaupun sikap dia nampak sama jerr..
tak perr dia belum kenal sapa kita...Lagi pun biasalah orang sini melihat remeh orang lain jangan tak tau..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...