Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Siomay Bandung ku

Finally, a home made 'Siomay Bandung'. Usually I will go to Nelayan Restaurant or Es Teller 77 Restaurant to have this menu. I had my first 'Siomay' when I was in Bandung, Indonesia during the period of 1988 till 1995. My Indonesian friends had asked me to try it and it was delicious. I love it. When I went back home, since then I forgot about it until I came here to Melbourne and found an Indonesian Restaurant which has Siomay as one of their menu.
I was curious how they made Siomay until one day I had an opportunity to search for the recipe and finally I know how to do it. Yup finally I managed to prepare Siomay myself. :-)
It almost like dumpling but a different kind which suit Indonesian taste. They used peanuts sauce to spread on top of Siomay , bit of 'Kecap Manis' and bit of lime juice. Really cool. I always fond of Siomay.
I look through one of the recipe which I found on line and tried it. You should try ' Siomay Bandung' . It yummy. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...