Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dandenong Ranges - Forest Walks

Decided to go for a forest walk on Sunday. I have not done forest trail tracking for quite sometimes.
Good weather, for tracking on the Mountain.
First stop at Kalorama Park Forest Walk. I think I have seen this place and passed by many times. But never in my wildest dream to stop and spend time at this Park. It has a nice lookout.

Have a quick view. Could see the Silvan Reservoir from here. Beautiful.


The forest walk at Kalorama Park was not too long. Managed to complete the track within less than half an hour. Still challenging though, up hill and down hill with narrowed walking track.

Later I went to Skyhigh Forest walking track. More challenging compared to the previous walk. There were 3 walking track. Tried all of them.

Some of the track had steeper slope. I had to be careful when going down hill but the worst part was climbing back up the hill.

One of the track, led me to the another lookout called the Burke lookout. It took about between 30 - 35 minutes to reach the place. Really steep lookout. Could see part of Melbourne from another angle.


Finally, I spent more than 2 hours just walking through SkyHigh walking trail. Really nice workout for the day and my pedometer reading clocking at 25 000 steps.

1 comment:

JustMe... said...

laaaa..g kalorama park rupanyer..we all plan nak g situ hari rabu lepas tp last minute tukar arah ke Trout Farm..g fishing...enjoy giler tp terkedu sbb lepas fishing tu..timbang..hah ambik engkooo...kena aud121..sbb xcited sgt..siap fishing salmon sekali...padan muka we all..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...