Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Appointment at Bendigo


Pam had made an arrangement to meet Prof. Distler at Bendigo on Wednesday. Yus and Me were looking forward to meet him. Especially me, I have not seen him since year 2002. He came to Rehab Medicine Clinical Examination as an External Examiner that year. I have been trying to contact him since I arrived last year but failed. Well he is a busy Rehabilitation Clinical Consultant, travel all over Australia and other countries.
I met Yus, Norman and Pam at Royal Melbourne Hospital then Norman drove us to Bendigo. Bendigo is about 120 km and it took us less than 90 minutes to reach there. Like Ballarat, Bendigo is also known as the gold mine area during the gold rush era in 1850's.




First we stop at Bendigo Art Gallery to meet Prof. Distler and his wife Sally at the Art Gallery Cafeteria. I was shocked. He looked so different. He lost weight. Wow!!!. He is currently one third of his previous size. :) . He lost 25 kg for the last 3 years. I was amassed. He looked more fitter and cheerful. Really nice to meet him and was happy he still remember me very well. "I still can remember you Nahar". :)


After a short chat at the cafeteria, we went for a quick tour. Norman took me and Yus to the highest peak in Bendigo. I managed to reach the peak, finally as I am height phobia. :)


View part of the city

It remind me of the two tower, Lord of the ring. :)



Went to the famous Joss House in Bendigo. We don't have much time to stop at all interesting places and historic building. I might come back again sometime later.


Arrived at Prof. Distler house. Really nice. The house itself was build in 1884 and still well maintain.


Full of Roses


Absolutely beautiful.


Had a short house tour. Really amassing.

We had English tea. I like the home made scone. Mmmmm fantastic. I love scone with marmalade. :)


Really had a great time and chat with Prof.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...