Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Friday, November 2, 2007

Tears of Joy - The New Chapter

I had an appointment with Steve this morning as usual at 10.00 am. Once I met him in his office, he showed me a letter. I read the letter, suddenly I became so emotional. I can't help it. I have never been so emotional like this in my life. And I had never expressed my emotion to anybody. Tears start dropping slowly (sobbing) but with full of joy and relief. I feel embarrassed though, being so emotional in front of Steve. Steve was so understanding and comforting me. 'Well done Nahar, you did a great job. You should be happy now.' Yes I am, really really am happy and relief.
Finally, after 5 months of waiting at last my ethics application from Austin Hospital had been approved. All those hard work, 2 months completing the ethics proposal with great difficulties not only to Austin Hospital but to another 2 more ethics committee with additional of 3 months submitting - resubmitting to Austin Hospital (since other 2 ethics committee had approved the application earlier, and Austin Hospital is the toughest among the rest. They really scrutinised the application words by words). Did all the corrections, amendments and additional requirements by the ethics committee. Sleepless nights. 2 hours travelling went and back from the hospital. Sometimes almost everyday ( since the hospital located 1 hour by train from VU footscray campus). It was really drained me out emotionally and mentally.
This is not something new to me actually. Submitting ethics for research is something not unusual for me at University Malaya Medical Center, but now I am out of my comfort zone and comfort area. Far away from my home country and do everything on my own. Meeting people you don't even know and nobody knows you. Sometime you will get frustrated and depressed. But, today is the day that gave me a new chapter in my life. Prays to Allah AlMighty. Alhamdulillah. I have never felt so relief and full of joy. But still the worst is yet to come. Anyway, I will cherish this moment. This will give me a starting point, moral support and confident to get through and completing my journey.
This journey will still continue and will end with great success. Amin.

2 comments:

Labyrinth said...

congrats...buah cempedak di luar pagar

Anonymous said...

congratulation bro...
manp tumpang gembira jek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...