Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, June 29, 2009

Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fauna Reserve, Mt Eliza Regional Park, Victoria

Jo (our ex volunteer for the exercise study program) email me few days back had asked me if I want to come along with her going to Mt. Eliza and try find places where we could take pictures. It sounds good. Immediately I call her and let her know to count me in. :-)


My cappuccino



She fetched me at South Yarra train station at about 11.30 am then a way we go. We stop at Mordialloc, for a coffee and discuss where we want to go after JO completed her task. Finally we decided to go to Moorooduc Quarry.


The Forest


Moorooduc Quarry is a reserve flora and founa of Mt Eliza. The Quarry is a little bit isolated though. I thought it was a bit spooky, out of no where there is a place for picnic, children playground and some other thing.

Climbing the stairs


It occupies approximately 27 hectares of land and about 3 km walking track to enjoy and mesmerising the nature. We met a lady with her dog, praising how lovely the place is. Climbuing up the hill was not so bad at all, they have made trail and stairs to reach certain part of a higher level of the mountain.

Mushroom

Initially i didn't realise it, but Jo saw first. "Don't you want to take picture of Mushrooms?". :-) Then I started looking down and found more mushrooms.

Mushroom

There are more than 4 types of Mushrooms we found.


Mirror image

Finally we reached our last destination, the quarry lake. History wise The Moorooduc quarry was established in 1887.

1 comment:

joms said...

Ah - don't ever forget to look down.

Your photos look great. Some of mine look great to - I'll pop them up onto my flickr page soon and send you the link.
Cheers
joms

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...