Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Breaking Fast: 'Pengat Pisang'




Now going on for the second week of Ramadhan, if during the first week I had 'Bubur Kacang' as the desert for my breaking fast or as part of early morning meal. For the second week of Ramadhan, I have made enough amount of 'Pengat Pisang' for one whole week. Divided into a small container an keep it in the refrigerator as will take it as I need it.
As usual I modified the recipe, I cut down more than half the amount of Gula Malaka from the original recipe and used only 1/3 of light coconut milk while the other two third I used skim milk. Still give beautiful taste and not too sweet too.

In Melbourne I don't have the luxury to buy food from any of the bazaar like in KL or other part in Malaysia. At least when I made my own desert, I can make sure the desert much 'healthier' (less calorie and less fat).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...