Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Breaking fast with 'Kuih Keria'


A Malaysian version of doughnut. There are many version of making 'Kuih Keria' and I made my own version. Since I don't like sweet taste too much, I had cut down the use-sage of sugar.

The basic main ingredients are sweet potatoes and plain flour. Boiled the sweet potatoes, then mashed it and mix with flour until forming a nice d'oh. Shouldn't use much of flour though, need to make sure the sweet potato not too soggy other wise you might using flour to much and it will become to hard. Pinch a little bit of salt while mixing the d'oh.

Usually after frying the 'kuih keria' need to cover the 'kuih' with thickening caramelised sugar in a wok so you can have crystallized sugar sticking to it. Instead I used cinnamon powder and mix with a little bit of Crestor sugar or just Cinnamon powder already enough. For me the sweetness from the sweet potato is already give you enough taste of sweetness and good balance taste from the cinnamon. Taste yummy. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...