Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, August 23, 2010

Squid for dinner

On my way back from Uni today(Sunday,22/8/10), I stop by at Saigon market to get some fresh produce for the whole week or two. Usually Sunday eve (actually almost everyday they will sell in bulk with very cheap price) they will sell the fresh produce the cheapest in bulk.

I got there just approximately an hour before breaking fast. I managed to buy a tray of big Squids for just 5 dollars. Then I bought Bok choy 7 bunches for 2 dollars then lastly more than 5 kilos of potatoes with 1 kg of broccoli for both only 2 dollars. What a saving. In total I only spent 9 dollars.

I bought lots of potatoes for my 'bergedel' which I am going to make it soon. Then for my home made gnocchi, and also to pun into the curries. While the vegetable it will last for the whole week. I need the high intake of fibre in diet too though. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...