Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fried Carrot Cake Nahar's style

After I had my first fried carrot cake after such a long long time the day before, I have decided to make one myself. Thought it shouldn't be difficult. The important thing is to make the carrot cake.

(diced carrot cake)


Need a rice flour (2 cups), water (3 cups) and radish (1 big size and then shredded the radish). Stir all the ingredients and mix it well on a low heat stove until it become thicker. Then pour the mixture into a square baking tray. Steam the mixture until it become firm (approximately 30 minutes). Let it cool then cut into cube size (up to you how chunky you would like to have your carrot cake) :-)

Then from now on it up to you how you going to fried it but you have to friend the carrot cake separately until golden brown then put it a side. The original recipe used really basic frying ingredients but really nice. Oil for frying, garlic, fish sauce, preserved carrot and 2 or 3 eggs.

For me I like to put lot and lot of things in it and I like it hot so I used blended chilli (12 dried red chilli) with garlic and shallot. Add marina mix, eggs as usual then finally lot and lot of bean sprout towards the end. Don't forget the seasoning. The end product is just slightly different touch from the original.

4 comments:

joms said...

why is it called carrot cake when there is no carrot in it??????

My Passion My Journey My Destiny said...

We used white radish which is a family of carrot. As the radish was shredded and add on to the rice flour and the water. That where the carrot cake name came from.

joms said...

ahhhhh - i didnt know that - thanks - is the radish the one wiht the red skin? or the japanese one?

My Passion My Journey My Destiny said...

that all right. Not the red skin but the white one. Not sure if you referring the white one is the japanese radish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...