Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Friday, August 20, 2010

My 'Buah Rotan'


Immediately after came back from Hospital and breaking my fast yesterday, straight away I made the famous 'Buah Rotan' cookies, one of Malaysian traditional cookies during eid celebration or not even during the celebration too. It through out the year you can have it. It took me only half an hour to get it done from making the d'oh and until it ready to eat. :-) yumm...
Finally...........
It has been a while for me thinking of when I could get it done. Don't know why I am in a mood of making all the traditional food especially all traditional food from my own heritage. May be because the stressful work I have been through lately, and trying to divert all the stressful moment to something more beneficial and realaxing and I enjoyed most, cooking. :-)
I have found a lot of traditional 'kuih/cookies' online and I want to make it from scratch. Not interested at all with what ever instant mixture you can get from supermarket etc. Not challenging and not creative. (Sorry yerr kalau ada yang terasa). It not me at all if making something from any ready made mixture. I will definitely preserved it originality as far as possible but I will twist it a little bit by changing or reducing some of the ingredients to make it more healthier.
As for this 'Buah Rotan'. I didn't used coconut as per recipe but instead I used skim milk. Then cut down the amount of egg from 5 to 2 eggs and used the milk to adjust the d'oh. Still same amount of glutinous rice flour and I only used half of the amount of recommended sugar (used raw sugar instead).
More traditional 'kuih/cookies' coming out from my kitchen, Nahar Kitchen. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...