Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, October 1, 2007

Sad Anniversary


It was exactly one year ago, I arrived in melbourne. I was so lucky Yuhanis and Sofie picked me up at Tulamarine Airport. Yuhanis and Sofie arrived 2 weeks earlier than me. I'm really thankful to them, what they had done for the previous two weeks and managed to get a house with such difficulties. They just managed to get the house key the day I arrived. May Allah blessed them


We took a taxi from the airport to our new house. So fortunate the house was 'furnished' with old furniture left by previous tenant. A week later Sofie went back to Malaysia.Then there were two of us. We knew nobody at that time but we survived

I have made an effort try to make contact with other malaysians. I have few names which I have communicated through email and was introduced initially by my colleague who had finished her PhD.

I called them and they invited me to come to thier place. Since I am new, I have made an effort to go to thier place even though it took me one hour and had no idea about the place. But finally i managed to reach thier place.

I was fetched by Dr. Saiful and his family at the train station and went to his place, later we were joined by Aznan and his family. Both of them are really nice, even though it was my first time meeting them. Then I have freinds. Again I made an effort to go to Malaysian Hall and met few others PhD students. We exchange contact number. And then there were many.


Time passes by. I received an email from a friend which I knew her when we attended a same course. She's comming with her family and so fortunate Yuhanis went back for holiday so there is an empty bedroom(Yuhanis' Room) and with extra beds. One whole week I cleaned the house to make sure everything is in place. When times come, I waited for them at the airport and from there we took a taxi van to my place. I have tried my best to make them feel at home and make them feel comfortable. Everything was fine and finally they managed to get a house.


In the mean time, when ever we met another malaysian friends, I will make sure I introduced them (especially her husband) to another malaysians.I will make sure he felt comfortable during the conversation and later explained to him who are they. Not only malaysian but who ever my friends that we met.


Something had happen few days back. My friend's best friend came from Malaysia and will stay for few months in melbourne military camp since he is in military. His attending a course here in melbourne. I wasn't mind to come along and meet him. They were so excited and have so much to talk about. Finally I was introduced to their friend. I introduced my name but while he was shaking my hand he was looking at me and said 'OH...OK' and look at them. What!!, I was really annoyed with that comment and his attitude, then they we talking all along about thier friends and gossips back home as if I am not around. Just imagine how am i going to get involve in the conversation and of course I definitely doing my own thing later on. The day out was really a nightmare. I was so uncomfortable, trying to hide my feeling but I can't afford to do so.


Indirectly, I managed to tell them how i felt. But later I was backfired and told me that I was antisocial and need to go for some social behavior course or something. In the first place I was annoyed with thier freind's attitude and secondly I was not properly introduced like what i did before. I was really sad. If I was antisocial, how could i survive until now. I came much earlier then them. Just because they were protecting thier best friend.


This is not my first incidence. After what i had done this is what I get. I never ask anything just acknowledgement and being freind not more than that. But instead............

Anyway I am not depending on them, I have my own life, I won't bother much about them. I have other important and difficult task to do with my study. I never regret what I had done. I sincerely did what ever I could within my limitation. Even my time and effort was useless at the end. I will focus on my work and my reseach more from now on. Who ever need my help, I will give what ever I could. Since some of my friends are coming in few months time but I won't attach and get close to any of them coz I don't want to get hurt again and again and do not want to depend on any of them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...