Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Singing in the Rain"

Flinders St.

Friday night It was raining on friday's night, when I arrived at Flinders Station. It started drizzling when I was on my way to Footscray train station. Later It became slightly heavier through out the journey. Even though it was raining, friday's night will always been a nice time to go out. It is the busiest night of the week since everybody stays back in the city after 5 days work and moreover all the shops are closed late until 9.00 - 10.00 pm. This is the time for everybody to go shopping and and having dinner with friends in the city.
This was my second time, spending my time alone on friday's night. It was my stress less moment, and really enjoy it. I arrived 15 minutes past 6.00 pm. I had planned to breaking my fast at one of Malaysian's Restaurant which I have never been before. I prepared myself with some light snacks (dates, chips and nuts) since I will not be on time reaching the restaurant for breaking fast. I stopped at Laguna Supermarket to buy few items for Eid. I bought a packet of Nona's 'Ketupat' ,and a packet of Nona's 'Lemang'.
Little Burke Street.
I have decided to have my dinner at a place called Little Malaysia. I have never been there before and not most of Malaysian that i know goes there too, but anyway it worth a try at least I know where it is and how's the foods are. So next time I can tell anybody if they want to try and have meals over there. I have done my home work before hand about this place. It serves a selection of authentic hawker-style dishes such as har mee (prawn soup). The specialties' section of the menu offers some unusual dishes as well as some simple ones done well, such as the ayam temasek or the spicy dry shredded calamari. Last night the main menu was chilli fried crab. The main important thing about this restaurant is, it serve Halal Malaysian dishes. Other wise I won't go there.
Anyway...
I walk my way through the little burke street known as the China Town in Melbourne CBD. It was really busy. Everybody is like craving for food. LOL . A lot of asian restaurant here such as chinese, japanese, vietnamese, Indian, Thai and also Malaysia restaurant you can find here.






Finally, I reached Little Malaysia Restaurant. In my oppinion it is quite a nice small restaurant with a nice interior decor. :) .
A waiter showed me a place to sit and gave me the menu. I have already expected the prices will be above average, all the main meals are above AUD 10. I have decided to order the cheapest meal ( hehe ) which is suppose to be Singapore style fried mee hoon which cost me about AUD 12.80 , haha told you will be surprised. Yeah, think of the bright side, I tried this place and experienced it. So I can tell anyone what they served and the cost for each meals.
When my order came, I looked at it. Mmmmmmm the presentation was not that exciting. I can do better. Well, no complaint. The taste was not bad actually. And don't get me wrong, I was told the restaurant suppose to be one of the best restaurnt in town. Last night it was a full house and a lot of australians among the customer. May be because I had chosen the cheapest food in the menu. LOL.
But still, this will be my first and my last visit to Little Malaysia Restaurant.
After I paid the bill, I went back home walk through Little Burke Street, then I saw another Malaysian Restaurant called Banana Leaf Curry House which I found more interesting compared to Little Malaysia and much cheaper. There are another two more Malaysian Restaurants here in Little Burke Street, one is halal but expensive and the other one not sure if it is halal or not. But the Banana Leaf Curry House really cought my eyes. Most of the main menu are less than AUD 10 and it serves Halal Meat too . Definitely I will come here next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...