Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Photography Coaching

I went to Camera House yesterday purposely to meet Adam, the sales person with whom I bought my camera last week. I wanted to buy additional lens which i could use for distance objects. He was really nice and very patience with me. Last week he spent an hour with me just to explain about camera. When I have decided to buy DSLR he taught me how to use the camera and made me practice until I felt comfortable with the camera.
Yesterday I showed to him all my 'works'. He was saying I still need to do a lot of practice and demonstrated to me few tricks on how to take good pictures. Really appreciate it very much. Since I bought the new lens, again he made me practiced until I managed to use camera with the new lens. He suggested to me not to use too much on automatic picture mode.


Then so coincidence i met Zul, and I had a hands on practical. He recommended the Do and Don't when using DSLR camera

Don't

Don't use automatic picture mode (which Adam's did mentioned to me earlier)
Don't use flash even the surrounding is dark (Adam's did pointing out the same issue)

Do

Use manual mode
Use Tv (shutter Priority)
Use Av (aperture Priority)
Use White Balance
Utilise angle when taking pictures. Not always vertical or horizontal

Was really confuse at first.Slowly I try to practice it. Each time I took the photos I will show it to Zul and he will advice me to do few changes.



I was so excited when I managed to take this kind of picture. I know , need a lot to improve as a start I was really happy about it.
:)

I took more than 300 hundreds shot last night. When I went back home and I looked through each pictures I took. Well, only one third of the whole lot of pictures, consider successful. Anyway I need to read the manual and practice taking picture with my DSLR a lot . It hard but I will improved. Only time will tell.
:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...