Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Book

Monday, December 3, 2007

A Place to stay : Dendenong


As I promised, I need to make a survey and take few pictures in Dendenong for my friend. Frankly, If I have been given a chance to choose in a first place, Dendenong would be the place to stay. Calm, peaceful neighborhood and furthermore almost everything you can get here without going to Melbourne CBD. For Muslim, almost every corner you can get halal food, find halal restaurant, Malaysian Mamak restaurant (haha, surprised!!!) and a Mosque in Dendenong. The other important thing is the cost of living here much cheaper. The prices of vegetables, fishes and meats are much cheaper.

As always, when I reached Dendenong station I will call Aznan. I won't miss the opportunity to go to his house and having lunch at his place. Sue, Aznan's wife is the 'chef'. Cooked great food. She could recalled almost all the recipes easily. I really like to come to their place and meeting their family when I have the opportunity. Friendly, really humble, talkative and always helps people as when i first came here to Melbourne last year. I am not surprise , if most of the Malaysian knows him. Even when ever he found out there were Malaysian coming to Melbourne for a short courses or visit, he will be the first who volunteered and showed them around. Really admire his kindness.

To my surprise, somehow they were having a 'function' at Aznan's place. 3 Malaysian teachers came for a course in Melbourne and 2 families whom also stays in Dendenong. We had lunch together.


Some of the dishes Sue prepared. Absolutely Delicious..............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...